BOOK YOUR OUTDOOR OR INDOOR VISITS ONLINE
Appointlet is an online server that allows you to easily select a date and time for an outdoor or indoor visit with your loved one at Bay Haven Care Community. We advise that you book an appointment at least 48 hours in advance.
Please follow the steps below to properly book a visiting appointment for the Retirement or Nursing Home side.
1) Click on https://bay-haven-care-community.appointlet.com/ to enter the Bay Haven Care Community Appointlet site.
2) Select whether you would like to visit a resident on the Retirement Home or Nursing Home side.
3) Then, simply select an available time slot on the day you would like to visit.
4) After that, provide your name, phone number, email address, and whether you want an indoor or outdoor visit and then press Continue when you are done.
5) Then on the Review page, simply click the Request Appointment button and you are done! We will get an email confirming that you have submitted your request.
If you wish to cancel your appointment and change it to another time or day, simply login to the email address that you provided when you signed-up for an appointment and click the Cancel/Reschedule button to cancel or reschedule your appointment at any time.
The Bay Haven Care Community Team
Welcome To Bay Haven Care Community
Do you know the difference between a Retirement Home and a Long Term Care Home? There are many differences. The first step in identifying the best senior living options is to identify what level of care you or your loved one requires. The level of care varies from minimal to full 24-hour nursing care that includes assistance with all activities of daily living. Bay Haven Care Community is the only retirement community in Collingwood that provides both Retirement Home and Long Term Care Home living options. To help illustrate the differences please refer to the chart below.
Active and Independent
- Services of a fine hotel combined with worry-free living.
- Caregivers available 24 hours to provide health and quality of life services.
- Tailor made enhanced personal care options.
- Barrier-free floor plans designed for seniors.
Long Term Care
- 24 hour Long Term Care for people who are not able to live independently.
- Eligibility for placement based on care needs, determined and arranged by Community Care Access Centres (CCAC).
- Choice of ward, semi-private, or private rooms.
If you or your loved one is living alone and independent, but would benefit from meals, activities and socialization, then Bay Haven Care Community may be the option that is right for you. Please contact us for more information.
If you or your family member requires more assistance, but you’re not sure how much care is needed, the best solution is to contact the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) in your area.
LHIN is an independent, non-profit agencies accountable to the Ministry of Health. LHIN provides one-stop access for people who need in-home health services and support or accommodation in long term care homes. LHIN assess your needs or those of your loved one and determine eligibility for a long term care home or funded in-home health care. They also manage or arrange for the following:
- Transition from hospital care to in-home health care.
- Admissions to long term care centres.
- Visiting health and personal support services in peoples’ homes.
- Information on retirement homes and supportive housing alternatives.
To find the Local Health Integration Network in your area, contact the Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres or the Simcoe County website.