Collingwood’s Premier Retirement Address
Located in the scenic four-season’s tourist area of Collingwood, Bay Haven Care Community’s Retirement Home offers well appointed accommodation for comfortable retirement living. Situated on the banks of the Pretty River, our location is just minutes away from Collingwood’s local shops, attractions, and next door to Tim Hortons and a convenience store. Our elegantly furnished lounges and dining room makes this one story Retirement Home a showplace residents will be proud to call home.
Bay Haven’s Commitment to Caring
For over 50 years, Bay Haven Care Community’s experience and dedicated staff have been providing personalized support. Our commitment is to provide a home like atmosphere where residents can live with independence and privacy. Good health is supported with excellent quality care services, nutritionally balanced meals, and varied recreational programs. This blend of service and respect creates an atmosphere where staff and residents come to consider each other as family. Bay Haven Care Community continues to meet the highest professional residential care standards in the province, demonstrating a commitment to quality and accountability to its residents, staff and the public. ORCA membership is an assurance of a safe, well-maintained, professional and pleasant
Comforts of Home
We offer a variety of accommodation. All rooms feature an ensuite bathroom, ample closet space, and nurse call-bell system for your safety. Residents are encouraged to personalize their room/suite with their own furniture and treasures. Some suites include kitchenettes, walk-in showers, and walkout private patio space.
Features and Services:
- Professional nursing staff 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
- Medication administration if required.
- Housekeeping, linen, and personal laundry service included.
- Nurse call-bell system in each room.
- Lounge areas with comfortable leather couches and a large TV.
- Beautiful dining room with a stone fireplace.
- Various recreation and exercise programs.
- Library with books, puzzles, and a computer with internet access.
- Full residential communal kitchen.
- Hair Salon.
- Short-term accommodations (subject to availability).
Tastefully prepared menu choices are cooked fresh daily and graciously served in our formal dining room. A qualified Nutrition Manager provides diet counselling and special diets are easily accommodated. Tasty snacks are available throughout the day.
The enclosed courtyard features gardens, benches and a gazebo. It is the perfect place to relax. During the summer months, picnics are held weekly in the courtyard. During the winter, the courtyard bird feeders help attract native birds. Walking paths around the facility provide another area for a relaxing walk.
Recreation & Activities
All recreational programs in the Retirement Home are planned and conducted by qualified recreation staff. We provide a well-rounded program that is intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually stimulating. Special occasions, holidays, birthdays and seasonal events all contribute to the diversity of the programs.
- Fitness programs.
- Themed celebrations.
- Live musical entertainment.
- Word and trivia games.
- Happy Hour & Tea Parties.
- Guest speakers.
- Card games.
- Birthday celebrations.
- Religious services including Protestant and Catholic services.
- Outings for shopping, theater, community events, and drives.
- Movie Matinees.