The amount of love and support that Bay Haven Care Community is receiving from the Collingwood community is astonishing! Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bay Haven staff have received a large number of gifts, food, PPE donations, cards, positive feedbacks, and more. It is so nice to see the community come together to help out our frontline workers with all their generosity. All staff members appreciate the amount of love that they are given by the community, whether it be wood fired pizza from Pie Wood Fire Pizza Joint, freshly brewed coffee from Tim Hortons, or PPE donations from local businesses around the community, all of the surprises and gifts that Bay Haven has received during this pandemic brings a smile to our faces as we continue to work hard to prevent COVID-19 from entering our home.
Here is a list of some of the generous donations and gifts that Bay Haven Care Community received during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Pizza from Pie Wood Fire Pizza Joint.
- Subs from Subway.
- Donuts, Timbits, and Coffee from Tim Hortons.
- Beautiful hand-written letters and cards from families and supporters.
- Donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Positive feedback through phone calls and from our Facebook page.
- Firefighters driving by Bay Haven Care Community to salute all staff.
- Families decorating our outside windows and gazebo with creative designs and colourful ribbons.
These are only some of the generous gifts that were given to us during the pandemic. As you can tell from the list, the community love and support that people have given us is absolutely amazing for our workers. To everyone who supports us during this difficult time, we would like to say thank you for all of your love, kind words, and for your generosity. You guys are the best!
Marketing Specialist/Recreation Assistant